U.S. web sales grow 14% for QVC in Q3
The Internet also accounted for 39% of domestic sales.
Web sales increased across Liberty Interactive’s multiple e-commerce businesses in the third quarter.
For the quarter ended Sept. 30, Liberty Interactive, No. 7 in the 2012 Internet Retailer Top 500, reported:
- Revenue for Liberty Interactive increased 2.8% to $2.19 billion from $2.13 billion in the third quarter of 2011.
- U.S. web sales for QVC increased year over year by about 14.2% to $479.7 million from about $420 million. The company does not break out international web sales.
- Total sales for QVC increased 1.6% to $1.92 billion from $1.89 billion in the third quarter of 2011.
- U.S sales for QVC increased 2.5% to $1.23 billion from $1.20 billion.
- International sales for QVC decreased 1.3% to $681 million from $690 million. The web accounted for 39% of QVC U.S. sales compared with 35% in the third quarter of 2011.
- Total sales for Liberty Interactive’s remaining e-commerce business, which includes Provide Commerce Inc., Backcountry.com Inc., Bodybuilding.com LLC, Celebrate Interactive Holdings Inc. and other subsidiaries, grew year over year about 12.6% to $278 million from $247 million.
“We see these results as clear confirmation that our strategy to create a highly immersive digital shopping experience, with strong integration across TV, PC, tablet and mobile platforms, is not only succeeding, but significantly outpacing the industry,” says QVC CEO Mike George.
For the first three quarters Liberty Media didn’t break out year-to-date metrics for QVC and its other e-commerce businesses, but did report:
- Revenue for Liberty Interactive increased 5.2% to $6.87 billion from $6.53 billion in the first nine months of 2011.
- Net earnings of $328 million compared with net earnings of $661million in the prior year.