Each individual was elected by current RAMA members and will serve a three-year term.
Washington, December 28, 2011 - The Retail Advertising & Marketing Association, a division of the National Retail Federation which represents top marketing executives from retail companies, announced today the addition of six new executives to its Board of Directors. New retailer additions include Pier 1 Imports, Neiman Marcus, Jo-Ann Stores, Scholastic, Inc., and Sears Holdings Corporation. Each individual was elected by current RAMA members and will serve a three-year term.
Comprised of Chief Marketing Officers, senior members of their staffs and industry partners, RAMA and its Board of Directors bring retailers together to address issues related to marketing and promotion within the industry. For 67 years RAMA has delivered thought leadership and networking opportunities through its events including the annual CMO Summit, research partnerships and conferences.
Newly-elected RAMA Board Members are:
* Bill Bonner, Director Public Relations, Pier 1 Imports, Inc.
* Ted Davis, Integrated Creative Director, Scholastic Inc.
* Wanda Gierhart, Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, The Neiman Marcus Group Inc.
* Riddi Kline, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Jo-Ann Stores, Inc.
* Julie Krueger, Industry Director of Retail, Google, Inc.
* Janet Viane, Vice President, Marketing Services, Sears Holdings Corporation
RAMA Board members represent the needs of the RAMA membership which includes more than 1500 retail marketing and advertising executives, plus supporting partners from advertising agencies, service-providers, and media.
The Retail Advertising & Marketing Association, a division of the National Retail Federation, is a trade association of over 1500 retail marketing and advertising executives, plus their supporting partners from the advertising agency, media and service-provider areas. RAMA also produces the Racie Awards Competition, the most prestigious creative contest in retail. www.rama-nrf.org