Search marketing firm offers tips for the holidays
Search marketing firm Impaqt offers tips for a successful holiday season, such as comparing the results of last year`s free-shipping and buy-one-get-one-free promotions.
, Managing Editor, B2B E-commerce
As the holiday season approaches, search marketing plays a key role as retailers try to capitalize on a peak spending period. Here are some tips for a successful holiday season from search marketing firm Impaqt:
- Plan smarter for this year’s holiday season by reviewing the successes and failures of last year’s search marketing campaigns.
- Utilize the power of search marketing data to boost other types of advertising.
- Pay attention to the year’s data trends – including click-through rate and variations in search vs. purchase cycles – to predict holiday search activity.
- Assess the individual performance of specific promotions. Does historical data suggest that your “free shipping” promotions outperformed “Buy One Get One Free” promotions?
- Analyze additional information from search engines to develop a flexible plan. Ensure that you will be able to take advantage of unplanned opportunities by making quick changes to your strategy.
- Repeatedly test ad copy components to determine what combinations perform the best (i.e., brand name in headline, price or promotion in headline).
- Use industry research as a guide to top category keywords and competitor traffic keywords.
- Integrate search marketing with other advertising channels. Take advantage of cross-channel promotion by altering ad copy according to reflect upcoming events.
Additional information on search engine marketing can be found in the Internet Retailer Search Marketing Guide.