Paid clicks on ads across Google-owned sites and its advertising network jumped 33% during the quarter.
Total sales grew 6% for the quarter for the Top 500 retail chain.
E-commerce sales continued to grow in the third quarter of fiscal 2013 for AutoZone Inc. The auto parts chain retailer also reported a growth in overall sales and income.
For the third quarter ended May 10, AutoZone, No. 108 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Online sales, including all sales from AutoZone.com, AutoAnything.com and AllData.com, which sells diagnostic and related repair work software, grew year over year 6.8% to $83.1 million from $77.8 million.
- Total sales of $2.34 billion, an increase of 5.9% from $2.21 billion in the third quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Comparable-store sales increased 4%.
- Online sales accounted for 3.6% of overall sales, up from 3.5% a year earlier.
- Net income increased to $285.2 million, up 7.4% from $265.6 million in the third quarter of 2012.
E-commerce growth has slowed since the retailer acquired AutoAnything.com in December 2012, but still reported growth in all segments. " For the third quarter, overall our sales performance was generally consistent with the second quarter,” said Bill Rhodes, chairman, president and CEO.
For the first three quarters of fiscal 2013 AutoZone reported:
- E-commerce sales of $234.1 million, a 30.1% increase from $179.1 million for the first three quarters of 2012. Web revenue includes all sales from parts and accessories web site AutoZone.com, AutoAnything.com and AllData.com, which sells diagnostic and related repair work software.
- Total sales of $6.43 billion, a 6.3% increase from $6.05 billion.
- Comparable-store sales increased 3.1%.
- Online sales accounted for 3.6% of overall sales, up from 3.0% a year earlier.
- Net income increased 7.9% to $696.1 million compared with $645.3 million in the first nine months of the prior year.