More than half of the maternity apparel retailer’s online traffic comes from mobile shoppers.
The Top 500 online photo services retailer also reports an increase in its average ticket.
Shutterfly Inc., an online snapshot processor and photo album retailer, notched its 53rd consecutive quarter of year-over-year net revenue growth in the first quarter of 2014.
For the first quarter ended March 31, Shutterfly, No. 50 in the new 2014 Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Total sales of $137.1 million, up by 17.5% from $116.7 million in the first quarter of 2013.
- The total number of transacting customers was about 2.56 million, a 13.8% increase from 2.25 million.
- Orders totaled 3.87 million, a 13.2% year-over-year increase from 3.42 million.
- Average ticket was $33.76, up by 5.1% from $32.13.
- Net loss of $34.2 million compared with a net loss of $12.4 million in the same quarter last year.
“Leveraging our integrated marketing approach and data-driven pricing and promotional strategies, we were able to improve our brand awareness and customer engagement and drive healthy increases in customers, orders and average order value,” says Jeffrey Housenbold, president and CEO.