The newly released annual look at the digital world from online and mobile measurement firm comScore makes it quite clear that retailers better be ...
WWEShop.com brought in $3.1 million in sales during the second quarter.
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. posted an increase in total sales in the second quarter, while e-commerce revenue was unchanged.
For the period ended June 30, 2013, World Wrestling, No. 564 in the Internet Retailer Second 500 Guide, reported:
- Online sales of $3.1 million, the same as in the second quarter of last year.
- Total sales of $152.3 million, a 7.6% increase from $141.6 million.
- Net income was $5.2 million, a 56% drop compared with $11.9 million.
The merchant also says revenue derived from online advertising at WWE.com increased 27% to $6.1 million, as the result of attracting more unique visitors to the site and its mobile app. World Wrestling’s e-commerce revenue stems from Shop.WWE.com, where it sells WWE apparel and accessories.
For the first half of the year, the e-retailer also reported:
- Online sales of $6.6 million, a 6.5% increase compared with $6.2 million in the first half of last year.
- Total sales were $276.3 million, a 4.4% increase from $264.7 million.
- Net income of $8.2 million, compared with $27.3 million.