Retailers’ holiday promotions and a shift in consumer buying habits generates heavy demand for Monday deliveries by FedEx.
Its web services unit grows revenue by 12%.
Yoox Group, an Italian retailer that sells online and operates e-commerce sites for other brands, says its net revenue in the first two quarters rose 20.0% year over year to 207.4 million euros (US $274.8 million) compared with 172.9 million euros (US $229.1 million) in the first half of 2012. Yoox Group’s second quarter net revenues reached 97.0 million euros (US $128.5), up 18.4% from 81.9 million euros (US $108.5 million) in Q2 2012.
Yoox Group, No. 80 in the 2013 Top 400 Europe guide, divides its businesses into what it calls its multi-brand line, which includes company-owned e-commerce sites Yoox.com, TheCorner.com and Shoescribe.com, and its mono-brand line, which includes the set up and management of luxury retail sites for brands such as Bottega Veneta, Yves Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga and Sergio Rossi.
For the first half of 2013, Yoox also reports:
- The average number of monthly unique visitors to its numerous luxury sites remained about even with the number in the first half of 2012, at 12.5 million visitors.
- It received 1.26 million orders, up 17.7% from 1.07 million a year earlier.
- Its sites’ average order values rose 6.4% to 216 euros (US $286.24) compared with 203 euros (US $269.02) in the first half of 2012.
- The number of customers who had placed an order on a Yoox site in the past 12 months rose from 871,000 in the first half of 2012 to 1 million in the first half of 2013, an increase of 14.8%.
- Its multi-brand line sales reached 148.8 million euros (US $197.2 million) up 23.4% compared with 120.6 million euros (US $159.8 million) in the first half of 2012.
- Multi-brand accounted for 71.7% of sales, compared with 69.7% a year earlier.
- Its mono-brand line posted revenue of 58.7 million euros (US $77.8 million), up 12.2% from 52.3 million euros (US $69.3 million) a year earlier.
- Its mono-brand line accounted for 28.3% of sales, compared with 30.3% of sales a year earlier.
“In the first half of 2013, Yoox reached over a million active customers and successfully launched all the online flagship stores for the brands included in the joint venture established with Kering only a year ago,” says Federico Marchetti, founder and CEO of the Yoox Group, which also is No. 195 in Internet Retailer's Top 500 Guide.
Kering, formerly PPR, and Yoox formed a joint venture with six brands in August 2012. As part of the venture, using Yoox web services, the two companies launched online stores for the brands, completing all six by June 30, Yoox says. Those stores are AlexanderMcQueen.com, Balenciaga.com, BottegaVeneta.com, Ysl.com, SergioRossi.com and StellaMcCartney.com.