Or it could have the opposite effect. The social network wants to see what happens when mobile users choose whose posts they want to ...
Net income is up for the quarter, but down through the first nine months.
Vistaprint NV had a good third quarter for sales and earnings, but year-to-date income is down for the international web-only retailer of printing and related services for small businesses and consumers.
For the third quarter of fiscal 2013 ended March 31, Vistaprint, No. 33 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Revenue of $287.7 million, an increase of about 11.7% from $257.6 million in the same quarter a year ago.
- Net income of $5.9 million, compared with net income of $300,000 in the same quarter a year ago.
- New customer orders of 2.5 million, up by 4.2 % from 2.4 million in the third quarter of 2012.
- Total orders of 7.2 million, a 2.9% increase from 7.0 million.
- Average order value was $38.43, up by 8.6% from $35.38 in the same quarter last year.
“We delivered third quarter revenue results in line with the expectations we set three months ago,” says Robert Keane, president and CEO.
For the first nine months of the fiscal year Vistaprint reported:
- Revenue of $887.4 million, a 15.4% increase from $769.0 million in the same period last year.
- Net income of $27.1 million, a 32.4% decrease from $40.1 million. The e-retailer attributed the decline in net income to planned investments for long-term growth, including in advertising and marketing, technology, and manufacturing and supply chain efficiency.
In the third quarter Vistaprint launched Pagemodo Posts through its Pagemodo subsidiary that enables businesses to create Facebook pages. Pagemodo Posts is designed to help businesses generate content to engage customers over social media. The company’s redesigned web sites, including those for Albumprinter, a Dutch photo book and photo product company, and Maryland-based Webs, a developer of do-it-yourself web sites, Facebook pages and mobile services for small businesses, are scheduled to roll out this summer, Vistaprint says.
Albumprinter and Webs were acquired in 2011.