Justin Bieber, Madonna and Kim Kardashian-West tweeted about the launch of EDbyEllen.com.
New version of leading e-commerce platform includes out of the box multi-channel starter store
Option to create hybrid B2B and B2C storefront adds reach for companies addressing both target groups
Variety of improvements enhance usability of Intershop's platform
Jena, Germany, May 7, 2013 – Intershop, a leading e-commerce software solutions provider, today announces enhancements and improvements to its powerful, scalable e-commerce platform, Intershop 7. In version 7.3, Intershop focuses on replacing complexity with simplicity, making it easier for retailers to quickly start a business-to-business (B2B) presence across multiple channels.
As multi-channel B2B commerce gains critical mass in 2013, the release of Intershop's latest version focuses on empowering customized experience and simplifying ordering for B2B customers.
Intershop 7.3 also introduces a new framework with a simple-to-use front end, intended to ensure the highest flexibility for campaigns. This is achieved by making it much easier for shop-fronts to be custom-configured for different target customer profiles, including B2B- and B2C- (business-to-consumer) focused campaigns.
Further enhancements in version 7.3 include enhanced, simplified data management capabilities, making it easier and more efficient for users to handle large amounts of product data and related content.
In further detail, new features and improvements include:
- A best-practice B2B Starter Store, which includes all the functionality required to quickly start a commerce implementation, accelerating time to market. The ready-to-use store functionality offers a simple path to purchase for business buyers – by enabling them to simply sign in, manage their profile and organization, and shop catalogs and checkout purchases in a few clicks.
- The capabilities to organize product data and related content more efficiently due to Intershop 7 Data Managementfeatures. Users can now assign or unassign multiple products and categories at once. Also safeguards are introduced to avoid accidently overwriting of attributes while editing shared product data and content. In addition, data processing is enhanced, as users can export all or selected products as CSV files in addition to the standard XML format, while search newly supports audit trails/records by object-ID or product SKU.
- Easier identification and faster adjustment for invalid objects such as pages and components thanks to an expanded Validation Framework for the Intershop WCMS (Web Content Management System). Content completeness checks enable users to spot all invalid objects (e.g. page, page variants, components, etc.) and provide direct access to the Content Management System (CMS) object management page to make adjustments.
- A variety of usability improvements making Intershop 7 even easier to use, especially with regard to setting up promotions, which can now be assigned to target groups such as affiliates, consumer groups or consumers. The new version also allows hybrid B2B and B2C shop fronts by mixing various business models and related customer types on a single platform, meaning that promotions, CMS components, catalog views and price lists can be assigned by customer type.
- Greater system flexibility thanks to enhancements to the extensibility and customization of the commerce platform, via the new Plug-in Framework, which defines and documents all extension points. This means that developers and implementation partners can easily add or replace new business logic to adapt to the specific needs of each merchant. In addition, existing functionality can be more easily extended or migrated.
Intershop CEO Jochen Moll comments: "With B2B commerce really taking off in 2013, we are introducing a series of enhancements to our commerce platform that enables improvements in the critical areas of enhanced customer experience, user-friendly tools and easier, faster ordering. As retailers wake up to the reality that the faster-growing B2B sites are those that have all the attributes you would normally expect from a B2C site, so we are speeding up the B2B revolution by making it easier and faster to transform and enhance entire shop-fronts.”
Intershop 7.3 is available with immediate effect.
Intershop Communications AG (founded in Germany 1992; Prime Standard: ISH2) is a leading provider of comprehensive state-of-the-art e-commerce solutions. Intershop offers high-performance packaged software for internet sales, complemented by all necessary services including comprehensive online marketing consulting and a transaction platform for order-, supplier-, product- and channel management from its daughter companies SoQuero and TheBakery. Intershop also acts as a business process outsourcing provider, covering all aspects of online retailing, including fulfillment. Around the globe more than 500 enterprise customers, including HP, BMW, Deutsche Telekom, and Mexx run Intershop solutions. Intershop is headquartered in Jena, Germany, and has offices in the United States, Europe, Australia, and China.
This news release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial and operational performance of Intershop. Actual events or performance may differ materially from those contained or implied in such forward-looking statements. Risks and uncertainties that could lead to such difference could include, among other things: Intershop's limited operating history, the unpredictability of future revenues and expenses and potential fluctuations in revenues and operating results, significant dependence on large single customer deals, consumer trends, the level of competition, seasonality, risks related to electronic security, possible governmental regulation, and general economic conditions.
+44 (0)1276 679570