Chad Ghosn joins the online furniture retailer from Expedia.
- Enterprises across industries, including healthcare, financial services and retail, have turned to Dell Services for mobility application solutions
- New Dell Mobility Services Workshop helps customers identify mobility requirements and plan for processes, security and management of their own mobility applications
Enterprise Mobility Application solutions from Dell Services help enterprises design a mobility strategy, and develop and manage custom applications that can enhance company productivity, employee satisfaction and customer experience. Dell also is offering a new Mobility Services Workshop to help customers assess their environment and design plans to meet the business’s mobility needs, based on Dell’s work with customers globally and across various industries.
The Dell Enterprise Mobility Application portfolio includes Mobility Strategy Consulting, Multi-Platform Application development (iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows 8; both native and cross platform), User Experience, Mobile Business Intelligence and Mobile Testing.
Dell has helped several companies develop custom applications, including shipment tracking and proof of delivery for a leading defense and security company, mobile point-of-sale solution for a retail store, sales data collection application for mobile field sales, supply chain management mobile solution for a major logistics company, secure insurance applications, and a business intelligence app for secure access to back-end operations data for more effective reporting.
Enterprises in all industries need an IT strategy that incorporates mobility management across multiple devices, frequently changing platforms and strict security needs. Dell is able to cover the entire lifecycle and range of services with the following offerings:
- Mobility Services Workshop, the newest offering from Dell’s Business Consulting portfolio, includes an in-depth analysis and formal recommendations for applications and strategy that can be managed internally or implemented by Dell.
- Consulting to align mobility frameworks to the enterprise’s IT strategy, using Dell’s subject matter expertise, best practices knowledge and end-to-end point of view.
- Mobile application development and testing to provide custom applications and help ensure reliability across various platforms, including iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows 8. Developed in native code, using a cross-platform approach, or via an HTML 5 solution, depending on the customer’s specific needs.
- Application management and mobile device solutions that enable IT to manage applications and devices, designed to ensure data security at every step of the process.
- User experience designed to provide research, user interface and visual design for multiple platforms, channels, smart phones and screen resolutions.
- Maintenance, support and deployment to simplify mobility oversight and governance, whether customer managed or as a Dell-managed service.
These application-focused services complement the complete suite of products and services that Dell offers in the Mobility space around connected devices, BYOD solutions and enabling software.
“Defining a strong mobility strategy is one of the critical requirements for our customers as they look at enterprise mobility solutions to enable organizational productivity, employee engagement and customer experience,” said Raman Sapra, executive director for applications & business process outsourcing, Dell Services. “Dell has a unique ability to cover the entire mobile lifecycle, from providing the devices to offering the range of application services to help customers oversee their own mobile solutions or to manage it for them.”
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. Dell Services develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of services and solutions in applications, business process, consulting, infrastructure and support to help customers succeed. Learn more at www.dell.com.