Former Agenda LLC co-owner Seth Haber is tasked with turning around the bankrupt web retailer.
TurnTo provides a leading Social Q&A system for online merchants, enabling shoppers to get advice directly from stores’ real customers.
New York, NY (November 19, 2012) - TurnTo today announced the immediate availability of 3 major enhancements to their industry-leading Social Q&A platform for online retail.
Checkout Chatter produces lots of positive-sentiment user-generated content (UGC) from customers and makes it visible throughout an online storefront for social discovery, social validation, and SEO. Checkout Chatter includes 4 components:
- Comment Capture asks shoppers at checkout "Why did you choose this?" Over 15% of all items purchased receive checkout comments with nearly 100% positive sentiment.
- Q&A integration displays these comments on the product detail page within the TurnTo Social Q&A area as a question asked by the store. This provides strong social validation at the item level and enables search engine indexing of the content in-line on the product detail page for maximum SEO benefit. See the Store Question in action at fashion retailer GoJane (click the "Ask a Question" button).
- Feed Widgets enable a crawl of the most recent checkout comments to be displayed on a homepage or category page. See it in action on the home page at pro audio gear retailer Unique Squared (in the box labeled "Why people are buying").
- Pin Boards enable online stores to easily offer shoppers an increasingly popular browsing experience with a far greater density of shopper commentary than other approaches. Pin Boards can be installed on a dot.com site or on a store's Facebook page. See it at Unique Squared by clicking the "See all" link in their homepage Feed Widget.
Brand Experts and Store Experts enable those working at manufacturers and retailers to efficiently answer shopper questions through a special interface optimized for high volumes – a powerful complement to TurnTo's leading social answer capability.
- Brand Experts: Manufacturers can appoint team members to answer product questions asked by shoppers at their merchant partner stores. Questions can be routed to particular team members based on sub-brand, category, or topic. Brand Experts enables manufacturers to connect directly with their end customers, increasing sales and providing insights into customers’ needs.
- Store Experts: Stores can designate internal or external team members to receive shopper questions about the products or topics they know best through an optimized dashboard. Expertise profiles ensure questions are routed to the just the right call center reps, merchandise managers, or independent affiliates.
Mobile Site Support makes it effortless for stores to install TurnTo on their mobile sites, too. All a store needs to do is place the TurnTo button on their mobile site, and the full TurnTo Social Q&A experience is enabled for their mobile shoppers.
Checkout Chatter, Store Experts, and Mobile Site Support are available to all TurnTo merchant customers at no additional charge. Manufacturers can contact TurnTo to sign up for Brand Experts.
About TurnTo Networks:
TurnTo provides the leading Social Q&A system for online merchants, enabling shoppers to get advice directly from stores’ real customers. By enabling authentic dialog between shoppers and customers right on the merchant site, TurnTo increases conversion rates, generates fresh content for SEO, builds customer loyalty, and reduces call center load. The TurnTo Social Q&A Platform is a white-labeled SaaS product that can be integrated in as little as a day. Top online stores and brands including Brown Shoe (Shoes.com), L’Oreal USA, Vitamin Shoppe, and Adorama, have chosen TurnTo to convert visitors into buyers. More information about TurnTo is available at www.turntonetworks.com.