Both social networks today announced new tools that let e-retailers drive sales directly from their platforms.
E-commerce sales and total sales increase by 3.4% and 3.1%, respectively.
1-800-Flowers.com Inc. reported incremental sales growth for the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
For the quarter ended Sept. 30, 1-800-Flowers.com, No. 51 in the 2012 Internet Retailer Top 500, reported:
- E-commerce sales of $81.5 million, up by 3.4% from $78.8 million in Q1 of fiscal 2012.
- Total sales of $120.9 million, a 3.1% increase from $117.2 million in the prior year period.
- Consumer floral sales of $72.8 million, a 3.8% increase from $70.1 million in Q1 of fiscal 2012.
- Gourmet food and gift baskets sales were flat at $28.4 million in Q1 of fiscal 2012.
- Net loss of $4.6 million compared with a net loss of $5.1 million in the same quarter last year
E-commerce accounted for 67.4% of total sales compared with 67.2% in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
“As we head into the holiday season, we plan to expand our cross-brand marketing and merchandising efforts through our multi-brand web site, leveraging the strength of the 1-800-Flowers brand, its site traffic and deep customer relationships,” says Jim McCann, CEO.