Both social networks today announced new tools that let e-retailers drive sales directly from their platforms.
SortPrice was among the first to introduce a retail store app on Facebook in 2008, and the company has been burnishing its credentials as a leader in the growing field of social commerce ever since.
NEW YORK—Building on four years of proven innovation and leadership in helping thousands of retailers expand to Facebook,SortPrice.com announced today that its new, feature-rich Social Commerce and Marketing Platform is now live after an extended Beta testing phase.
SortPrice was among the first to introduce a retail store app on Facebook in 2008, and the company has been burnishing its credentials as a leader in the growing field of social commerce ever since. For this latest initiative, SortPrice relied heavily on input from its retail partners to help shape what is now the largest and most comprehensive social commerce platform of its kind.
“We had discussions with hundreds of our merchants throughout this process to get their thoughts on what they’d need to get the most out of their social commerce presence,” said SortPrice co-founder and CEO Doron Simovitch. “They’re the ones on the front lines of social commerce on a daily basis, so it was crucial to address their concerns in order to create a powerful resource that’s also easy for them to use.”
Using that retailer input and working in near secret, SortPrice developers began cultivating the new platform earlier this year. Upon completion, merchants were given a few weeks to test the new system before today’s announcement about the public launch was made.
An updated version of the SortPrice Store app for Facebook is now just one part of a very robust new offering. Joining it is a host of unique tools designed to help retailers better manage and enhance their Facebook Pages in order to engage and motivate their fans and convert those individuals into customers.
Some of the new features in the platform include:
- Contests Application that reward fans for their loyalty while adding an element of entertainment to the social commerce experience and educating users on a retailer’s products at the same time;
- Social Scheduler thatallows merchants to schedule content on their Facebook Pages (including Wall posts, contests, and more) days, weeks, and even months in advance;
- Social Search that scours the internet, press websites, blogs and social networks for any mention of a retailer and delivers comprehensive and up-to-the-minute results so brands can track their public perception;
- Wall Post Index with more than 100 template Wall posts that retailers can hone to fit their fan base and product lines when they need content;
- Flash Sales thatoffer customers exclusivity and a reward for their loyalty, they can be listed on a retailer’s Page OR posted to their own website or blog with the new Portable Flash Sale feature;
- Comprehensive Resource Center full of helpful best practices and tips in the form of videos and blogs from SortPrice’s experts and other merchants to help retailers maximize their social commerce presence;
- Side-by-Side Product Comparison Tool that further engages a retailer’s fans by allowing them to vote on which of two products they like better from a dedicated Wall post, providing merchants valuable insight into consumer sentiment and preferences about their product lines;
- Detailed Reporting of page visits, interactions with fans and more that gives retailers a closer look at how their Pages are performing.
All of the features and more are readily available to SortPrice retailers in an enhanced management console, with packages starting as low as $99 per month. SortPrice still offers the store app as a free add-on for any merchant that lists their products on SortPrice.com.
Founded in 2004 and headquartered in New York City, SortPrice.com has evolved into one of the web’s most popular product search engines and is an established leader in the field of social commerce. The company works with thousands of merchants of every size and type nationwide, and has helped leading retailers such as Buckle.com, Carolyn Pollack Sterling Jewelry and the Dallas Mavericks’ Team Store build a powerful and effective social commerce presence. Learn more at: www.sortprice.com.