A second wave of attacks began midday Friday after much of the eastern United States was affected in the morning. Sites affected included Etsy, ...
The fashion retailer’s Facebook page features a mix of content.
Fashion retailer Topshop had the most Likes among U.K. retailers in May, according to the ChannelAdvisor U.K. Facebook Commerce Index. The retailer, which also sells internationally, had nearly 2.36 million Likes at the end of the month.
Topshop, which is owned by Arcadia Group Ltd., No. 65 in the Internet Retailer Top 400 Europe Guide has had the most Facebook Likes among U.K. retailers since ChannelAdvisor launched the U.K. index in May 2011. The monthly index from the e-commerce services provider tracks how many Facebook users have clicked that they Like any of 127 brands that sell in the United Kingdom.
Topshop’s success on the social network is thanks to its diverse mix of content, ChannelAdvisor notes in the report. “Topshop regularly groups its products together into fashion trends, matching items or seasonal themes with a fun narrative and images that succeed in driving traffic back to its web site in an unobtrusive manner,” says the report. For instance, posts in the last few days have highlighted a consumer’s review of its sleeveless crochet collar top with a link to the item’s product page, an interview with junior graphic designer Lily Dunlop in which she discusses what it is like working at Topshop and a new sale with prices up to 75%.
Here are the 10 most Liked U.K. retail brands on Facebook, with their ranking in the Top 400 Guide for those in the Top 400 Europe, their number of Likes at the end of May, and the month-over-month percentage increase:
• Topshop, No. 65, 2.36 million, 2%
• ASOS, No. 39, 1.74 million, 2%
• New Look, No. 160, 1.68 million, 2%
• River Island, No. 98, 1.26 million, 1%
• Urban Outfitters, No. 152, 1.14 million, 3%
• Next, No. 15, 1.04 million, 5%
• Tesco, No. 3, 759,419, 10%
• Net-A-Porter, No. 280, 758,125, 3%
• Marks & Spencer, No. 19, 738,611, 9%
• La Senza, 641,551, 3%
Here are the fastest-growing brands in the index in terms of number of new fans, with their ranking in the Top 400 Guide for those in the Top 400, their number of Likes at the end of May, the number of new Likes and the month-over-month percentage increase:
• Tesco, No. 3, 759,419, 71,564, 10%
• Marks & Spencer, No. 19, 738,611, 63,950, 9%
• Amazon.co.uk, No. 1, 437,165, 54,495, 14%
• Next, No. 15, 1.04 million, 48,342, 5%
• eBay, 395,824, 47,022, 11%
• Topshop, No. 65, 2.36 million, 42,467, 2%
• John Lewis, No. 16, 440,408, 40,932, 10%
• Dorothy Perkins, No. 65, 357,543, 39,239, 12%
• Boohoo.com, No. 194, 628,337,36,195, 6%
• Chain Reaction Cycles, No. 148, 535,957, 35,359, 7%
John Lewis added nearly 41,000 Likes during May thanks, in part, to its embrace of the Diamond Jubilee—the celebrations of Queen Elizabeth II’s 60th anniversary on the throne—according to the report. The upscale department store chain celebrated the Diamond Jubilee by featuring a Jubilee flag on its page throughout the month, as well as highlighting a number of products and competitions aimed at getting followers into the Jubilee spirit, says ChannelAdvisor. The retailer’s use of Facebook as a customer service platform also helped. “There is a real sense of brand loyalty from John Lewis’ Facebook fans and an equal level of commitment from the John Lewis team, who respond diligently to comments and questions,” says the report.