Mattress Firm takes on delivery and setup services for mattress buyers on Wayfair.com.
Total revenue increased year over year 4.8%.
Web sales grew in the second quarter for 1-800-Flowers.com Inc., but e-commerce as a share of total sales increased only slightly.
For the second quarter of fiscal 2012 ended Jan. 1, 1-800-Flowers, No. 45 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- E-commerce sales increased 6.8% to $165.1 million from $154.6 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Total revenue increased year over year 4.8% to $239.8 million from $228.9 million.
- Consumer floral revenue increased 10.2% to $91.0 million from $82.6 million.
- Gourmet food and gift sales increased year over year 0.7% to $131.0 million from $130.1 million.
- Net income increased 23% to $16.6 million from net income of $13.5 million in the prior year period.
The web accounted for 68.8% of sales in Q2 fiscal 2012, compared with 67.6% in the prior year.
For the first two quarters:
- E-commerce sales increased 8% to $243.9 million from $225.8 million in the first two quarters of fiscal 2011.
- Total revenue increased year over year 8% to $357 million from $330.6 million.
- Net income increased 89.3% to $15.9 million from net income of $8.4 million in the prior year period.
The web accounted for 68.3% of sales in the first two quarters of fiscal 2012, the same figure as the prior year. “As we look ahead to the second half of our fiscal year, which is largely floral in nature due to the Valentine and Mother's Day holidays as well as other spring gifting occasions, we believe we are well-positioned to build on the positive trends that we have seen since the second half of last year, particularly in terms of increasing revenues and gross margin in our consumer floral business," CEO Chris McCann says.