Private equity firm Apollo Global Management will take Rackspace private in the all-cash deal.
The specialty apparel chain retailer also reported 21% total sales growth.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. reported strong sales across the board for the third quarter and first nine months of fiscal 2011.
For the quarter ended Oct. 29, Abercrombie & Fitch, No. 56 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- E-commerce sales increased 41% to $132.4 million from about $94.0 million in the third quarter of 2010, based on Internet Retailer calculations. Abercrombie includes shipping and handling in direct-to-consumer sales.
- Total sales were $1.07 billion, a 21% increase from $885.8 million.
- Comparable-store sales increased 7%.
Internet Retailer estimates the web accounted for 12.4% of total sales compared with 10.6% in the third quarter of 2010.
The company did not include Q3 or year-to-date earnings in its Q3 sales report, but plans to do so in its full report on Nov. 16.
For the first nine months:
- Web sales, including shipping and handling, increased about 34.1% to $340.3 million from about $253.7 million in the same period last year.
- Total sales were $2.8 billion, a 22% increase from $2.3 billion.
- Comparable-store sales increased 8%.
Internet Retailer estimates the web accounted for 12.2% of total sales through three quarters, compared with 11.0% in the prior year period.