A second wave of attacks began midday Friday after much of the eastern United States was affected in the morning. Sites affected included Etsy, ...
Custom Analytics Allow Publishers to Track Demographic and Psychographic Information with Facebook Connect
Mountain View, Calif. – October 13, 2011- Ooyala, Inc., a leader in online video technologies, today announced the release of Custom Analytics with Business Dimension Reporting, allowing publishers to customize and track video performance across audience-driven segmentations that matter the most to their business. Publishers leveraging Facebook Connect can track detailed demographic and psychographic statistics like age, gender, hometowns and interests to create more targeted and relevant video viewing experiences for their users.
- Having recently landed a strategic investment from Motorola Mobility and launched Social TV for Facebook, Ooyala is continuing to bring the business value of video to customers with Custom Analytics.
- Custom Analytics with Business Dimension Reporting turns Ooyala Analytics into a business intelligence solution for video. Publishers are now able to compare the viewing behavior of distinct audience groups – like males vs. females, Californians vs. New Yorkers, or consumers who love Anime vs. those who prefer Drama. For the first time, publishers can really drill down intospecific audience segments and make quick decisions based on video performance.
- Coupled with Facebook Connect, Ooyala provides publishers and marketers new levels of detail about viewers’ educational background, hometown, political affiliations, interests, brand preferences, etc. This level of insight makes it possible for marketers to specifically target audiences that are most likely to respond to their content, resulting in greater revenue and engagement from viewers.
- Best of all, data is collected based on tags, rather than information associated with individuals, thus protecting individuals’ privacy.
- “Ooyala now gives us even more granular data about video viewing trends and user preferences. For example, by tracking video consumption as a function of time of day and simultaneously leveraging Facebook data, we can more accurately target our production to the peaks of the sports news cycle. This not only helps us achieve higher returns for our advertisers, it builds viewer loyalty as visitors get the most relevant video content when they want it." – David Nemetz, founder and VP of video and business development, Bleacher Report
- “More detailed data about viewing trends and user preferences will help us give our viewers what they want most, when they want it. Tracking demand by time of day and integrating with Facebook will give us greater insight into our audience. These are all pieces of the puzzle that will help us continue to grow and achieve even higher returns on investment for our advertisers." – David Grant, president of PopSugar Studios and TV, the video unit of the pop culture media empire
- “This approach for advanced and customizable analytics positions Ooyala as a clear leader to become the preferred provider of streaming video services as the market evolves from simply getting the video out there to getting the video to the right audience to optimize revenues.” – Gerry Kaufhold, research director of digital entertainment, In-Stat
- “Online, panel data is dead. In a connected world, it’s all about real data that is produced in real-time. The future of targeted video campaigns will revolve around making analytics much more actionable and personalized. Our Custom Analytics offering and Facebook integration marks the beginning of this evolution.” – Bismarck Lepe, president of products and co-founder, Ooyala
Related Links and Conversations
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Subscribe to our blog.
Ooyala is the leading online video technology and services company. Ooyala provides online video publishing, analytics and monetization to leading global companies to help increase revenue. With Ooyala's comprehensive online video solution, content owners gain viewer insights that enable strategic business decisions. Ooyala has over 500 customers including global media companies and brands including Dell, ESPN, Fremantle Media, News International, Sephora, Telegraph Media Group, and Yahoo! Japan.