The newly released annual look at the digital world from online and mobile measurement firm comScore makes it quite clear that retailers better be ...
Online sales at Miles Kimball and PartyLite grew 5.7% and 62.7%, respectively.
Web sales at two of its e-commerce brands rose in fiscal 2011, but full-year sales declined for Blyth Inc.
For the year ended Jan. 31, Blyth, a designer and direct marketer of home fragrance, home décor and household convenience products, reported.
- E-commerce sales at Miles Kimball Co. increased 5.7% to $47.9 million from $45.3 million in fiscal 2010.
- E-commerce sales at PartyLite increased 62.7% to $17.9 million from $11 million in fiscal 2010.
- Total catalog and Internet sales, which also includes other brands such as As We Change, Easy Comfort, Exposures, Home Marketplace and Walter Drake, decreased year over year 3.7% to $159.9 million from $166.0 million.
- Total sales decreased 6% to $900.9 million from $958.0 million in fiscal 2010.
- Net earnings increased 44.6% to $25.6 million from $17.7 million in fiscal 2010.
Internet Retailer calculates that the $65.8 million combined web sales of Miles Kimball and PartyLite accounted for 7.3% of all sales in fiscal 2011, while the $56.3 million in web sales accounted for 5.9% of total sales in fiscal 2010.
For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011, Blyth, No. 258 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide didn’t break out web sales, but did report:
- Total catalog and Internet sales decreased year over year about 1.2% to $57.3 million from $58 million.
- Total sales declined 6% to $303.3 million from $322.4 million in Q4 fiscal 2010.
- Net earnings decreased 44.3% to $17.7 million from $31.8 million in Q4 fiscal 2010.