The social network says acquiring Gnip will help companies better understand what consumers and other brands are saying across Twitter.
Annual web sales grow for Select Comfort
Web sales grew 2.1% and 2.5%, respectively, in 2010 and Q4.
Bed maker and retailer Select Comfort Corp. delivered slightly stronger e-commerce results in 2010.
For the year ended Jan. 5, Select Comfort, No. 303 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, recorded:
- Web sales increased 2.1% to $62.3 million from $61 million in 2009.
- Total sales increased year over year 11.3% to $605.7 million from $544.2 million.
- The company did not report annual comparable-store sales.
- Net income declined 11.2% to $31.6 million from $35.6 million in 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 10.3% of total sales compared with 11.2% in 2009.
“Our fourth quarter and full-year performance demonstrate consistent execution against a focused set of priorities as well as solid progress against our profit and sales goals," says CEO Bill McLaughlin.
For the fourth quarter, the company reported:
- Web sales increased 2.5% to $16.1 million from $15.7 million in Q4 2009.
- Total sales increased year over year 8.9% to $148.7 million from $136.5 million.
- Comparable-store sales increased 9%.
- Net income declined 79.9% to $7.1 million from $35.3 million in Q4 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 10.8% of total sales compared with 11.5% in Q4 2009.