Internet Retailer's parent company Vertical Web Media LLC launches B2BeCcommerceWorld.com, a website dedicated to business-to-business e-commerce news.
In Q4 e-commerce sales grew 13.1% year over year.
Weight Watchers International Inc. delivered stouter e-commerce results for the full year and fourth quarter.
For the year ended Jan. 1, Weight Watchers, No. 79 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 reported:
- An increase in web sales of 21.8% to $238.8 million from $196 million in 2009
- $1.45 billion in total sales, up 4.3% from $1.39 billion in 2009.
- North America sales grew 1.5% to $684.1 million from $673.7 million in 2009.
- International sales increased 0.2% to $396.1 million from $395.1 million in the prior year.
- Net income was $194.2 million, compared with $177.3 million in 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 16.5% of total sales compared with 14.1% in 2009.
“Looking at 2011 we are seeing terrific enrollment volumes in our North American and U.K. meeting businesses and further strengthening in our WeightWatchers.com business,” says CEO David Kirchhoff.
For the fourth quarter, Weight Watchers posted:
- An increase in web sales of 31.1% to $62.4 million from $47.6 million in Q4 2009
- $356.7 million in total sales, up 14.6% from $311.3 million in Q4 2009.
- North America sales grew 15.1% to $164.3 million from $142.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2009.
- International sales increased 2.6% to $92.4 million from $90.1 million in the prior year.
- Net income was $48.9 million, compared with $18.7 million in Q4 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 17.5% of total sales compared with 15.3% in the fourth quarter of 2009.