Groupon expects to roll out a revamped mobile app.
The company, which owns Commission Junction, reports a 17% revenue gain for Q4.
ValueClick Inc. reported $430.8 million in total revenue for the year ended Dec. 31, 2010, up 1.9% from the previous year, when revenue was $422.7 million. Revenue for its owned and operated web sites, however, declined 7.4% year over year to $138.5 million.
ValueClick’s web site properties include comparison shopping engine site PriceRunner.com and coupon site CouponMountain.com. The company’s affiliate marketing segment, which includes Commission Junction, fared better. Affiliate marketing revenue reached $124.1 million in 2010, up 10.9% from $111.9 million the prior year.
For the full year, ValueClick also reported:
• Revenue from the company’s technology segment grew to $31.9 million, up 15.2% from $27.7 million in 2009.
• Revenue from the media segment grew 1.8% to $137.5 million, from $135.1 million in 2009.
• Net income was $90.5 million, up 31.9% from$68.6 million a year earlier.
"The fourth quarter capped a successful year for ValueClick, where we streamlined our offerings, invested for the long term, and delivered revenue growth and margin expansion," says Jim Zarley, CEO of ValueClick. "Our momentum in the quarter is setting the tone for 2011, and we remain confident in our ability to capitalize on our industry's growth opportunities to generate strong financial performance while investing in growth initiatives across all of our businesses."
For the three months ended Dec. 31, ValueClick reported:
• Total revenue was $128.8 million, up 16.6% from a year earlier, when revenue was $110.4 million.
• Affiliate marketing revenue was $36.2 million, up 14.9% from $31.5 million a year earlier.
• Owned and operated web site revenue was $42.8 million, up 35% from $31.7 million a year earlier.
• The technology segment had revenue of $8.5 million, up 13.3% from a year earlier, when technology revenue was $7.5 million.
• The media segment accounted for $41.7 million, up 4.0% from the year-earlier period, when media revenue was $40.1 million.
• Net income was $21.0 million, up 35.5% from $15.5 million a year earlier.