An executive from Rainbow Shops discusses email marketing tactics and results at Shop.org.
Joan Broughton replaces Scott Silverman, who left last month.
She is a former Recreational Equipment Inc. executive who has worked as an executive at Shop.org and the NRF since 2006. A former member of the Shop.org board of directors, she succeeds Scott Silverman, who resigned as executive director last month to co-found a virtual goods retailer that he did not identify.
Silverman had served as executive director since 2001. Shop.org says it may take months before a permanent executive director is chosen. REI is No. 62 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide.
Broughton, who was vice president of multichannel programs and head of e-commerce while at REI, joined Shop.org in 2006 as vice president of content and education. She later transferred to the NRF, where she was head of Internet strategies.
In related news, Shop.org says it also has elected 11 new members to its board of directors. The new members include six retailers, bringing the total number of retailers to 11 on the 19-member board.
The new members, each of whom will serve a two-year term, are:
● Anne Ashbey, vice president, marketing, Blackstone Audio Inc.
● Bill Bass, president, Charming Direct Division, Charming Shoppes Inc., No 28 in the Top 500 Guide.
● Troy Brown, retail practice leader, Demandware
● Peter Cobb, co-founder, senior vice president, eBags, No. 117 in the Top 500 Guide.
● Chuck Davis, CEO, Fandango; executive vice president, Comcast Interactive
● Kevin Ertell, vice president, retail strategy, ForeSee Results Inc.
● Patti Freeman Evans, vice president, research, Forrester Research Inc.
● Misty Locke, president and co-founder, Range Online Media Inc.
● Paul Misener, vice president, global public policy, Amazon.com Inc., No. 1 in the Top 500 Guide.
● Chris O’Neill, director, retail, Google Inc.
● John Rogers, vice president and general manager, global e-commerce, Under Armour Inc., No. 215 in the Top 500 Guide.
The other eight members of the board, who are each serving the remainder of their two-year term, are:
● Miki Racine Berardelli, chief marketing officer, Tory Burch
● Pinny Gniwisch, co-founder and executive vice president, marketing, Ice.com, No. 195 in the Top 500 Guide.
● Brett Hurt, founder and CEO, Bazaarvoice Inc.
● Richard Last, JCP.com, current chairman of Shop.org board of directors
● John Lazarchic, vice president, e-commerce, Petco Animal Supplies Inc., No. 202 in the Top 500 Guide.
● Kelly Mooney, president and chief experience officer, Resource Interactive
● M.J. Murphy, senior director, e-commerce, Cole Haan
● Bob Myers, CEO, Sheplers Inc.
Shop.org, founded in 1996, has 600 members, including the 10 largest U.S. retailers and more than 60% of the 100 largest online retailers as ranked in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide.