Neiman Marcus names a new chief marketing officer and restructures staff to address the growing importance of e-commerce.
Web sales and total sales increased 6.5% and 14.9%, respectively in the second quarter.
Bedding maker, marketer and retailer Select Comfort Inc. reported higher web sales for the second quarter.
For the quarter ended July 3, Select Comfort, No. 303 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, achieved:
- An increase in web sales of 6.5% to $16.3 million from $15.3 million in the second quarter of 2009.
- Total sales increased year over year 14.9% to $139 million from $121 million.
- Same-store sales increased 28%.
- Net income was $6.2 million compared with a net loss of $4 million in the second quarter of 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 11.7% of total sales compared with 12.6% in the prior year.
"During the second quarter, our focus on key priorities delivered double-digit growth in same-store and total sales as well as improved profitability," says CEO Bill McLaughlin.
For the first six months, Select Comfort reported:
- An increase in web sales of 10.8% to $34.8 million from $31.4 million in the period of June through July in 2009.
- Total sales increased year over year 3.7% to $269.9 million from $260.3 million.
- Net income was $13.9 million compared with a net loss of $6.6 million in the period of June through July in 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 12.9% of total sales compared with 12.1% in the prior year.