The search giant today rolled out new ways for marketers to understand the in-store impact of their ads.
More than 20 million brides have used the company’s TheKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com web sites.
The Knot may help brides plan their ultimate wedding celebrations, but this month the wedding planning site and e-retailer found its own reason to celebrate. More than 20 million brides have planned their weddings using the company’s TheKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com web sites.
The Knot, No. 335 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, posted 2009 web sales of $24.67 million, up 20.3% from $20.5 million in 2008.
The Knot also reported other key metrics for TheKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com:
- Time spent on the web sites in 2009: 1.5 billion minutes
- Page views in 2009: 2 billion
- Visitors in 2009: 57 million
- Member posts in 2009: 12 million
- Total message boards: 271
- Active gift registries: 2.5 million
- Wedding gifts purchased since inception: 11 million
- Wedding products sold since inception: 1.5 million
- iPhone app downloads: 200,000
- Total wedding articles and photos posted: 45,000
- Local vendor profiles: 19,800
- Minutes of video programming: 2,500
The Knot also says brides post more than 1 million vendor reviews and opinions each month on the two sites and The Knot’s Facebook wedding app has 800,000 monthly users. The Knot also recently created a network of 300 specialty local and custom wedding web sites available through the hub Wedding.com. They include Chicago weddings, budget weddings and gay weddings.
To celebrate its milestone, The Knot is holding a “20 Million Brides + Counting” contest from July 26 to August 6. Couples who join TheKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com can share on message boards why their wedding deserves to be featured and top entries will be narrowed to 20. The final winning couple will be voted on by visitors to TheKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com and will receive a trip to New York City that includes the chance to hobnob with wedding celebrities at The Knot Annual Party, front row seats at Wedding Fashion Week, an appointment to be fitted for a free dress, spa appointments and a private photo shoot with a Knot wedding photographer.