The State of Retailing Online 2015 report finds search and email leading the pack with e-retailers.
Apparel and accessories retailer The Buckle reported web sales of $52.3 million for fiscal 2009, up by 45.2% from $36.0 million last year. Total sales were up by 13.4% to $898.3 million.
Apparel and accessories retailer The Buckle Inc. notched a strong year in sales, led by e-commerce.
For the fiscal year ended Jan. 30, 2010, The Buckle reported:
- Web sales increased 45.2% to $52.3 million from about $36.0 million last year.
- Net sales increased 13.4% to $898.3 million from net sales of $792.0 million.
- Comparable-store sales increased 7.8%.
- Net income was $127.3 million, up by 22% compared with $104.4 million in the prior year.
Based on calculations by Internet Retailer, the web accounted for 5.8% of total sales in 2009, compared with 4.5% in 2008. The Buckle, No. 425 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, for the fourth quarter reported:
- Online sales were $18.0 million, a 35.6% increase from about $13.3 million in the prior year quarter.
- Total sales increased 9.2% to $274.4 million from $251.4 million.
- Comparable-store sales increased 3.8%.
- Net income was $42.1 million, up by about 23% year over year compared with $34.3 million.
Based on calculations by Internet Retailer, the web accounted for 6.6% of Q4 sales compared with 5.3% in 2008.
Buckle says it operates 407 retail stores in 41 states today. At the end of fiscal 2009, it operated 401 stores in 41 states, compared with 387 stores in 39 states at the end of fiscal 2008.