The social network is testing a shopping-oriented section of its app, as well as a new type of ad that makes it easier to ...
Gaiam Inc., a publisher of lifestyle-related content and an online retailer of healthy living merchandise, posted a modest increase in annual web sales. E-commerce sales climbed year over year by 5.3% while total sales increased 8.3%.
It was a year of mellow growth online for Gaiam Inc., a publisher of lifestyle-related content and an online retailer of healthy living merchandise.
For the year ended Dec. 31, Gaiam, No. 254 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Web sales increased 5.3% to $37.7 million from $35.8 million in 2008.
- Total sales grew year over year 8.3% to $278.5 million from $257.2 million in the previous year.
- Net income was $296,000 compared with a net loss of $35.6 million in the prior year.
Internet Retailer calculates the Internet accounted for 13.5% of total revenue compared with 13.9% in 2008.“We are pleased with 2009 record revenues and free cash flow of $22.8 million,” says Gaiam CEO Jirka Rysavy. “Looking forward to 2010, we believe that our revenue momentum and new media relationships will result in good top and bottom line growth."
Gaiam, which operates Gaiam.com and FirmDirect.com, doesn’t break out quarterly web sales. But for the fourth quarter, Gaiam also reported:
- Total sales grew year over year 17.7% to $87.7 million from $74.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2008.
- Net income was $4.3 million compared with a net loss of $30.3 million in the prior year.