The photo and video-sharing social network’s new ‘carousel’ ads let advertisers link outside of Instagram. This is the first time marketers have been able ...
Vitacost.com, an online retailer of vitamins and related products, reported web sales of $191.8 million for 2009, a 33.6% increase over fiscal 2008. Fulfillment expenses were $8.9 million, a 6.0% increase from $8.4 million.
Online vitamins and related products retailer Vitacost.com Inc. reported healthy sales for fiscal 2009.
For the year ended Dec. 31, 2009, Vitacost.com reported:
- Sales were $191.8 million, up by 33.6% compared to $143.6 million in the same period last year.
- Net income was $5.9 million, versus $17.4 million last year.
- Fulfillment expenses were $8.9 million, a 6.0% increase from $8.4 million.
- Sales and marketing expenses were $14.2 million, an 8.4% increase from $13.1 million.
For the fourth quarter of 2009, Vitacost.com reported:
- Sales increased 32.0% to $50.3 million from net sales of $38.2 million for the fourth quarter of the prior year.
- Fulfillment expenses were $2.9 million, a 7.4% increase from $2.7 million in Q4 2008.
- Sales and marketing expenses were $4.3 million, a 19.4% increase from $3.6 million.
- The number of new customers in the quarter increased 38.0% to 184,293 from 133,546.
- The number of orders increased 26.0%, to 655,575 from 520,298.