One of every five beauty purchases online is made via the Amazon marketplace, according to a new report.
Vitacost.com, an online retailer of vitamins and related products, reported web sales of $191.8 million for 2009, a 33.6% increase over fiscal 2008. Fulfillment expenses were $8.9 million, a 6.0% increase from $8.4 million.
Online vitamins and related products retailer Vitacost.com Inc. reported healthy sales for fiscal 2009.
For the year ended Dec. 31, 2009, Vitacost.com reported:
- Sales were $191.8 million, up by 33.6% compared to $143.6 million in the same period last year.
- Net income was $5.9 million, versus $17.4 million last year.
- Fulfillment expenses were $8.9 million, a 6.0% increase from $8.4 million.
- Sales and marketing expenses were $14.2 million, an 8.4% increase from $13.1 million.
For the fourth quarter of 2009, Vitacost.com reported:
- Sales increased 32.0% to $50.3 million from net sales of $38.2 million for the fourth quarter of the prior year.
- Fulfillment expenses were $2.9 million, a 7.4% increase from $2.7 million in Q4 2008.
- Sales and marketing expenses were $4.3 million, a 19.4% increase from $3.6 million.
- The number of new customers in the quarter increased 38.0% to 184,293 from 133,546.
- The number of orders increased 26.0%, to 655,575 from 520,298.