Shoppers will scan their Amazon Go app at the store’s entrance, and the technology will track which items they pick up and add them ...
Branded apparel designer, wholesaler and retailer Jones Apparel Group reported 2009 web sales were $51.5 million, up from $32 million in 2008. Total sales and retail sales decreased by 8% and 5.6%, respectively.
Branded apparel designer, wholesaler and retailer Jones Apparel Group finished the year with strong growth in its e-commerce channel.
For the year ended Dec. 31, 2009, Jones Apparel reported:
- Web sales were $51.5 million, a 61% increase from $32.0 million in 2008.
- Total sales were $3.32 billion, down by 8% from $3.61 billion for the full year 2008.
- The web represented 1.6% of sales, versus 0.9% in 2008.
- Retail sales were $689.3 million, a 5.6% decline from $730.2 million.
- Wholesale footwear and accessories sales were $896.0 million, a 12.2% decrease from $1.02 billion in 2008.
- Comparable-stores sales were down 4.3%.
- Online sales were $21.4 million, a 65% increase from $13.0 million in the prior year quarter.
- Revenue was $777.0 million, an 8.3% decrease compared with $847.0 million.
- The web represented 2.8% of sales for the quarter, compared with 1.5% in Q4 2008.
- Retail sales were $197.3 million, down by 1.7% from $200.7 million.
- Wholesale footwear and accessories sales were $221.2 million, a 1% increase from $218.98 million in the prior year quarter.
- Comparable-stores sales were up by 2%.