CEO Sharon Price John says Build-A-Bear’s old e-commerce system is a big reason for disappointing online sales in December.
“The mobile commerce site will help create a seamless multichannel customer experience for our guests,” says Suzanne Dawson, vice president of global marketing. The site includes extensive product listings, expert beauty tips, a trends section and more.
Why launch m.Aveda.com? Because more consumers are using mobile phones to get to the web, company executives say.
“Mobile devices are quickly becoming a main point of entry to the Internet and we know that it’s more important than ever to provide multiple touch points for our consumers,” says Dennis McEniry, president of Estée Lauder Companies Online. Aveda is operated by Estée Lauder Cos. Inc. “Mobile commerce is the next step in our online strategy.”
“At Aveda we are passionate about connecting with our guests, so it was a natural progression to make the brand accessible to consumers anywhere, anytime via their mobile device,” adds Suzanne Dawson, vice president of global marketing at Aveda. “The mobile commerce site will help create a seamless multichannel customer experience for our guests.”
Aveda opens the mobile site with a big hero shot and an emphasis on search. It then divides the site into multiple categories, from Hair Care and Skin Care to Favorites and Gifts. M-commerce site features include:
- Purchase capabilities allowing for secure credit card transactions;
- Comprehensive product information including product benefits and customer reviews;
- Store location finder with detailed map and direction capability;
- Expert tips on Aveda hair care, skin care and makeup products;
- A Get The Look section showcasing seasonal trends and styles;
- E-mail a Friend functionality allowing shoppers to suggest products to friends and family;
- An e-mail sign-up page for shoppers to receive alerts and updates on Aveda; and
- Access to Aveda’s 24/7 customer service team for product recommendations and advice.