Ronald Boire, CEO of Sears Canada, will take the top post at the bookseller in September, and current CEO Michael Huseby will become executive ...
Web sales at Children’s Place Retail Stores grew 24% year over year to $20.6 million for the second quarter ended Aug. 1, as total sales declined about 6.6% to $316 million, the retailer says.
Web sales at multichannel merchant The Children’s Place Retail Stores Inc. grew 24% to $20.6 million for the second quarter ended Aug. 1, up from $16.6 million for the year-ago period. Total sales declined about 6.6% to $316 million from $338 million, the retailer said in a financial statement and a conference call with analysts last week.
Children’s Place, No. 149 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, also reported for Q2:
- Web sales as a percentage of total sales were 6.5%, up from 4.9% a year ago.
- Comparable-store sales, which include online sales as well as all stores open at least one year, fell 9%, compared to a year-ago increase of 10%.
- Net loss was $7.1 million, compared to breaking even a year earlier.
- Comparable-store sales, including online sales, fell 3%, compared to a year-ago increase of 8%.
- Total sales fell 3% to $717.6 million from $738.2 million for the year-ago period.
- Net income declined 15.4% to $16.5 million from $19.5 million a year ago.