The U.S. online shopping world's biggest day is here, but will strong web sales on Black Friday and Thanksgiving cut into Cyber Monday's take?
It was another strong performance on the web and elsewhere for Aeropostale Inc. in the second quarter. E-commerce sales grew 49.1% while total sales and comparable-store sales grew 20.1% and 12%, respectively.
It was another strong performance on the web and elsewhere for apparel retailer Aeropostale Inc. in the second quarter.
For the quarter ended Aug. 1:
- Web sales grew year over year 49.1% to $15.8 million from $10.6 million.
- Total sales increased 20.1% to $453 million from $377.1 million.
- Comparable-store sales grew 12%.
- The web accounted for 3.5% of total sales compared with 2.8% in the second quarter of 2008.
- Net income increased 82.9% to $38.6 million from $21.1 million.
For the first six months of the year:
- E-commerce revenue grew year over year 60.9% to $32.5 million from $20.2 million.
- Total sales increased 20.7% to $861 million from $713.5 million.
- The web accounted for 3.8% of total sales compared with 2.8% in the prior year.
- Net income grew year over year 81.9% to $70.2 million from $38.6 million.