Private equity firm Apollo Global Management will take Rackspace private in the all-cash deal.
It was another strong performance on the web and elsewhere for Aeropostale Inc. in the second quarter. E-commerce sales grew 49.1% while total sales and comparable-store sales grew 20.1% and 12%, respectively.
It was another strong performance on the web and elsewhere for apparel retailer Aeropostale Inc. in the second quarter.
For the quarter ended Aug. 1:
- Web sales grew year over year 49.1% to $15.8 million from $10.6 million.
- Total sales increased 20.1% to $453 million from $377.1 million.
- Comparable-store sales grew 12%.
- The web accounted for 3.5% of total sales compared with 2.8% in the second quarter of 2008.
- Net income increased 82.9% to $38.6 million from $21.1 million.
For the first six months of the year:
- E-commerce revenue grew year over year 60.9% to $32.5 million from $20.2 million.
- Total sales increased 20.7% to $861 million from $713.5 million.
- The web accounted for 3.8% of total sales compared with 2.8% in the prior year.
- Net income grew year over year 81.9% to $70.2 million from $38.6 million.