Retailers’ holiday promotions and a shift in consumer buying habits generates heavy demand for Monday deliveries by FedEx.
High shipping costs and just browsing top the list of why consumers abandon shopping carts online, Vividence reports.
Vividence Corp., which analyzes consumer’s online behavior to help retailers understand shopping patterns and experience, reports that shipping costs continue to be the number one reason consumers abandon online shopping carts.
Based on the evaluation of the experiences of 719 online shoppers, Vividence reports that shoppers abandon carts for these reasons:
1. High shipping prices (72%)
2. Comparison shopping or browsing (61%)
3. Changed mind (56%)
4. Saving items for later purchase (51%)
5. Total cost of items is too high (43%)
6. Checkout process is too long (41%)
7. Checkout requires too much personal information (35%)
8. Site requires registration before purchase (34%)
9. Site is unstable or unreliable (31%)
10. Checkout process is confusing (27%)
Vividence’s customers include Best Buy, Cisco Systems, Citibank, Compaq, Dell, eBay, Microsoft, Pfizer, SAP and Wells Fargo.