Groupon expects to roll out a revamped mobile app.
With a North American business-to-consumer e-commerce market that’s growing annually by 17%, but undergoing dramatic change by the always-connected consumer, industry players need to understand what’s driving market trends and growth—and why. And there’s no source better than the e-retailing industry bible: The Top 500 Guide.
Now in its ninth edition, the all-new Top 500 Guide—now available in print, digital and online formats—continues to rank the top players in North American e-retailing on their annual web sales, key operating metrics and more.
This year’s edition features all new data and expanded analysis including:
- Detailed cover story analyzing what’s driving growth in overall b2b e-commerce and key merchandising categories.
- Comprehensive feature looking at how chains are making the change from less store-based retailing to more e-commerce.
- Detailed overview stories analyzing what’s driving growth online among web-only merchants, catalog/call center companies and consumer brand manufacturers.
- Detailed features on eBay’s diversified e-commerce strategy and what’s new with Top 500 retailers and their e-commerce technology plans.
- How the top 100 retailers stack up when it comes to social media and who’s winning—and losing—the battle to build the best brand on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- How the top 100 retailers compare on key customer service metrics such as call wait time and e-mail response time.
- How individual retailers compare on key social media metrics such as number of Facebook Friends, Twitter followers and number of product videos posted on YouTube.
Also in the 2012 Top 500 Guide:
- 2011 Internet sales (new—basis of ranking)
- Web sales from 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and more (updated)
- Shopper demographics (updated)
- Sales taxes collected (updated)
- E-mail marketing campaign data (expanded)
- Social networking affiliations (updated)
- Comparison shopping site affiliations (updated)
- List of web site features & functions (updated)
- Customer service features (expanded)
- Monthly web traffic and unique visitors (updated)
- Percent of traffic from search engines (updated)
- Browser Satisfaction Rating for Top 100 (updated)
- Percent of new vs. repeat shoppers (updated)
- Vendors used in 25 solutions areas (expanded)
- Conversion rate (updated)
- Top web management (updated)
- Intent to Purchase Rating Top 100 (updated)
- Payment types accepted, including cards and alternative methods (updated)
- Number of affiliate marketing relationships (updated)
- Web site speed rating (updated)
- Online availability rating (updated)
- Performance consistency online (updated)
- Average sales ticket on web (updated)
- Name of corporate parent (updated)
- Number of SKUs on the site (updated)
- Merchandising category (updated)
- All URLs utilized (updated)