The feature is currently being tested in several of Drizly’s markets. It is expected to launch early next year.
Turning Up the Heat on Online Food Sales
A report on the online food and beverage market
Groceries has been the last big category of consumer purchases to resist significant e-commerce penetration. That is beginning to change. By one estimate, online grocery sales will reach roughly 6% of total U.S. grocery sales this year, versus 2.4% last year. That may seem like still a small number, and it is. But in a market as big as groceries, a 3.6 percentage point increase means 157% growth in online food sales this year—the largest single growth rate of any major category in retail since the early days of the internet. This report provides an in-depth analysis of this market, identifying the key players driving growth, and outlining the varying strategies for growth.
What you get:
- 2014, 2015 and 2016 sales of the U.S. online food market
- Data on Amazon and Wal-Mart’s online food sales
- Rankings and growth rates for 44 of the largest online food retailers
- Key demographics metrics on the online food buyer
- Charts, interviews, case studies and other in-depth analysis
Cost = $199