Behind the Online Apparel Boom
Analyzing the 250 Leaders Driving the 20% Growth in Apparel E-Retailing
Apparel is the heart of American retailing. More retailers are devoted to selling it than any other form of merchandise. So when that market shifts dramatically in one year from store-based retailing to the web, it’s a big deal. That shift occurred last year, when web sales of apparel grew 20.4% to $70.9 billion, while apparel stores grew a mere 1%. In just 12 months, the web’s share of U.S. apparel sales grew to 17.9% from 15.5%.
This report examines in detail the current largest and fastest-growing competitors in web apparel, and the reasons for their success, including the merchandise they sell, their prices, demographics of their shoppers and the most effective digital marketing techniques to attract shoppers. The report examines the 250 of the top 1,000 e-retailers in the U.S. which are primarily engaged in selling apparel and explains the differences between those outperforming the market and those falling short.
This report also includes:
- Sales and market shares of the 10 largest apparel e-retailers
- Sales and growth rates of the 10 fast-growing apparel e-retailers
- How Amazon’s marketplace emerged as the strongest force in online apparel
- Sales data on the top apparel e-retailer in each of 17 merchandise categories
- First-ever analysis of sales and growth in each segment of online apparel & rankings of the top 250 apparel e-retailers by product category.
- Analysis of digital marketing methods that work best in online apparel.
- The sales impact of gender, age and income demographics of online apparel shoppers.