CEO Sharon Price John says Build-A-Bear’s old e-commerce system is a big reason for disappointing online sales in December.
Internet Retailer editors and researchers report on the results of Black Friday weekend, and key takeaways that will be important for the rest of the year.
The shift to more web shopping and fewer store visits was more evident than ever in the five-day period between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday 2016. So too was the trend of earlier holiday promotions. Discover how these trends impacted online retailers’ marketing strategies over the business shopping weekend of the year, and how those efforts paid off—or didn’t. In-depth data and analysis will help retailers and brands understand how consumers shop around the holidays, and the strategies that are helping some retailers gain market share in this fast-changing environment.
What you get
- 33-page downloadable PDF report
- Exclusive survey of consumers’ online shopping behavior over the holiday weekend
- Data on which marketing channels drove sales during the weekend, peak online shipping times and average shipping costs
- In-depth analysis on how Amazon did over the weekend, including average discounts, market share and other metrics
- List of the most downloaded shopping apps over the holiday weekend
- Exclusive interviews with Wal-Mart and Amazon marketplace sellers