Less than a month into the New Year and the e-retailer and marketplace announces plans for three additional U.S. fulfillment centers.
"E-Commerce in Canada: E-commerce comes into focus" delves into the development and current state of e-commerce in Canada.
While challenges related to access, infrastructure and consumers’ shopping habits have made e-commerce in Canada develop at a slower pace than in markets like the U.S. and the U.K., Canada-based retailers are coming online and raising their e-commerce acumen. In fact, 19 Top 1000 e-retailers are based in Canada, and they collectively generated $2.4 billion in North American web sales last year, as Internet Retailer’s data from its latest Special Report reveals.
This 34-page downloadable PDF Special Report delivers:
- An assessment of U.S.-based e-retailers—by and large, the major retail chains alongside Amazon.com Inc. and eBay Inc.—that are dominating online sales in Canada today
- Charts detailing 5-year e-commerce sales growth in Canadian dollars and a ranking of the most popular e-commerce sites in Canada by web traffic
- Demographics breakdown of the online shopper in Canada by province, household income data, annual online spending and preferred retail merchandise categories
- The challenges experienced by Canadian e-retailers and what they’re doing to overcome them
- Profiles of the 19 largest Canadian e-retailers as ranked by their North American sales and five-year growth, plus profiles of a handful of Canadian web merchants on the fast track for growth
- Canadian web sales estimates for 30 e-retailers