83% of online consumers say they’d share such an image on Facebook.
Paul Demery , Managing Editor, B2B E-commerce
While running extensive online marketing campaigns, web merchants shouldn’t overlook the images they can portray on the packages they ship to customers as a way of winning over other shoppers, says a new study from Dotcom Distribution, a provider of fulfillment services to online retailers.
In a recent online survey it conducted of 300 randomly selected U.S. consumers, Dotcom Distribution found that 83% said they would post on Facebook an image of an “attractively packaged” order received from an online retailer. In addition, it found that nearly 40% would share through social media an image of an online order received in a “unique, branded or gift-like box.”
For multichannel retailers, says Dotcom president Maria Haggerty, “premium packaging for online purchases delivers a brand’s in-store experience to an e-commerce customer.”
The study also found:
● 51% of online consumers said they expect to receive online orders in premium packaging from a retailer that typically provides such packaging in its stores;
● 71% say they expect higher-quality packaging when ordering expensive products online;
● 52% say they are likely to make repeat purchases from an online retailer that delivers orders in premium packaging;
● 53% say premium packaging is particularly important for online orders of jewelry;
● 60% say it’s important for retailers to deliver products in “sustainable” packaging, such as packages made with recycled material.
The complete study is available on Dotcom's web site at www.dotcomdist.com.