Mobile Wedding Planner Application Features Most Popular Wedding Planning Tools and Thousands of Inspirational Photos from the #1 Wedding Brand and Website, TheKnot.com
NEW YORK--XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO; www.xogroupinc.com), formerly The Knot Inc., a global media and technology leader with the #1 wedding website, TheKnot.com, today announced the launch of its first all-inclusive wedding planning application for the iPhone and iPad, The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner, now available in the Apple App Store. Couples can now create and update their wedding to-do list, track wedding budget expenses, browse thousands of wedding dresses and bookmark inspirational photos of cakes, wedding décor and more – all while on the go. This first-of-its-kind wedding app is complimentary through February 29, 2012, due to a launch partnership with The Registry at Bloomingdale’s.
“Today’s engaged couple is busier than ever”
“Today’s engaged couple is busier than ever,” said Carley Roney, editor in chief of The Knot and cofounder of XO Group Inc. “We’re thrilled to offer couples the flexibility and ease of wedding planning tools that are available, and fully synched, on the web or on mobile devices.”
Features of The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner App for the iPhone and iPad include:
* Ultimate Wedding Checklist. Not sure when to book the photographer or order the cake? Keep organized with a checklist that tells you exactly when to complete each wedding task.
* Wedding Budgeting Tool. Get an estimated budget and keep track of payments for everything from the reception hall to the band.
* Photo “Scrapbooks” Out with your girlfriends? Quickly reference photos of your dress, hairstyle and accessories, or get their opinions on several bridesmaid dress choices. Meeting with your florist? Show them your “inspiration board” of the bouquet and centerpiece images you’ve saved.
* Top Registry Picks. Browse the registry gallery for the top featured picks at Bloomingdale’s and all your registry must-haves.
* Thousands of Wedding Dresses. Shop on the go. Looking for an A-line dress under $2,000? Search, select and save your favorite wedding and bridesmaid dresses from thousands of images that can be filtered based on designer, price and style.
* 5,000+ Inspiring Wedding Ideas. Browse ideas for cakes, décor, hairstyles, bouquets and more from our comprehensive slideshows of wedding inspiration. When you see something you love, share it with your friends and save it to your scrapbook, where you can organize all your favorite wedding details for easy access.
Features that are coming soon include a Guest List Manager, Vendor Manager and Mobile Wedding Message Boards, all popular features on TheKnot.com. The app is available on a complimentary basis until February 29, 2012, when it will then be available for purchase for $4.99.
“Bloomingdale’s is thrilled to be partnering with The Knot for such an innovative and exciting launch," said Joanna Kartalis, director of The Registry at Bloomingdale’s. “This app offers couples yet another convenient way to access our first-in-class registry while on the go, so it is a perfect fit.”
About XO Group Inc.
XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO; www.xogroupinc.com), formerly The Knot Inc., a global media and technology leader devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between, provides young women with the trusted information, products and advice they need to guide them through the most transformative events of their lives. Our family of premium brands began with the #1 wedding brand, The Knot, and has grown to include WeddingChannel.com, The Nest, The Bump and Ijie.com. XO Group is recognized for being innovative in all media – from the web to social media and mobile, magazines and books, and video – and our groundbreaking social platforms have ignited passionate communities across the world. XO Group has leveraged its customer loyalty into successful businesses in online sponsorship and advertising, registry services, ecommerce and publishing. The company is publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange (XOXO) and is headquartered in New York City.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. It was founded in 1872 and currently operates 41 Bloomingdale’s stores and 5 Bloomingdale’s, The Outlet Stores in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Illinois, Minnesota, Georgia, Florida, Nevada and California. In addition, Bloomingdale’s has an international presence with a location in Dubai. Be sure to follow Bloomingdale’s on Facebook or Twitter, and for more information, or to shop any time, visit www.bloomingdales.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50018266&lang=en
XO Group Inc.
Stephanie Fraiman, 212-515-3595
Associate Public Relations Manager
Katie Nida-Rovano, 212-705-2443
Manager, National Media Relations