Web sales were up modestly for the second quarter at Weight Watchers
Q2 web sales increased 1.6% for Weight Watchers. The web accounted for 13.5% of total Q2 revenue versus 12.4% of total revenue in the same period of 2008.
, Research Director
Weight Watchers International Inc., No. 84 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide reported the following results for the second quarter of fiscal 2009, ended July 4:
- Q2 web sales were $50.2 million, an increase of 1.6% from $49.4 million in the prior year period.
- The web accounted for 13.5% of total Q2 revenue versus 12.4% of total revenue in the same period of 2008.
- Total revenue was $372.5 million, down 7% from $400 million in the second quarter of 2008, but net income was up by 26% to $58.8 million from $46.6 million in the prior-year period.
Meeting fees accounted for $216 million in second quarter revenue, product sales for $82.1 million, franchise commissions and other sales for $24.1 million.
For the first six months of fiscal 2009, Weight Watchers reports:
- Web sales were up by 4% to $98.6 million from $94.9 million in the first half of fiscal 2008.
- E-commerce accounted for 13% of total sales for the first half of fiscal 2009, compared with 11.3% for the first half of fiscal 2008.
- Total sales were $763.1 million down 9% from $837 million in the first six months of 2008.
- Net income for the first half of 2009 was $106.1 million, a 2% increase over $104 million in the prior year period.