Providing Clients Easiest, Fastest Tax Notice Management in the Industry
Bainbridge Island, WA - January 09, 2009 - Avalara (www.avalara.com), Avalara (www.avalara.com), the leading provider of Web-service based sales tax automation solutions for businesses of all sizes, today announced its newest service enhancement which provides customers an up-to-the minute automated online status report for sales tax notices.
Managing sales tax notices is one of the most time consuming aspects of multistate tax compliance. As part of its managed returns solution, Avalara manages the tax notice obligation for its customers. The new enhancement gives clients an automated verification that a tax notice has been received, as well as the ability to view the current status of all tax notices logged and worked by Avalara tax professionals. The status reports are made available online on a secure site that clients can access at their convenience and without the need to contact customer support. The automated status reports provide Avalara customers unmatched speed, ease, and peace-of-mind as they track the notice resolution process.
“Automating the tax notice process frees up a tremendous amount of client time and energy that was previously being spent on a mostly administrative process,” said Michael Gardner, vice president of compliance for Avalara. “The value in our notice management process is in the way our tax professionals resolve notices – not in the status reports themselves. The enhancement fosters transparency in the notice process for our customers. Customers can focus on core business activities and oversee the notice resolution process in a way that does not unnecessarily compete with other demands on their time.”
Avalara not only pioneered the SaaS sales tax movement for calculation, reporting, returns, and remittance, Avalara substantially grew its customer base and more than doubled its revenue in 2008. What’s more, Avalara has pioneered the compliance area within the field, providing clients with unmatched peace-of-mind that they are meeting their sales tax obligations.
Sales tax compliance, created by statutory requirement, is a risk to businesses that carries absolutely no benefit to their bottom line. Freed from the burden of managing sales tax compliance, Avalara’s clients are better able to focus their resources on surviving and, hopefully, thriving in today’s challenging economy. Already pinched businesses of all sizes will need to devote their valuable – and equally dwindling – resources to face these challenges and have come to rely on Avalara’s comprehensive product lines, including:
• AvaTax™ - An SMB market-leading, Web-service-based sales tax solution that instantly and accurately calculates sales tax for clients and provides detailed, real-time reporting, and effortless returns and remittance. AvaTax comes integrated with SMB financial applications serving more businesses than any other solution on the market today, including Epicor Enterprise, Epicor CRS Retail Suite, Microsoft Dynamics™ GP, Microsoft Dynamics™ NAV, Microsoft Dynamics™ AX, Intuit’s QuickBooks, Sage Software’s Sage MAS 90 ERP, Sage MAS 200 ERP, Sage MAS 500 ERP, and Sage Accpac ERP. Additionally, with AvaTax On-Demand™ developers can integrate Avalara’s sales tax Web service with any e-commerce, third party, or custom-build solution with use of a comprehensive Software Developer’s Kit (SDK).
• AvaFile™ - AvaFile is a fully outsourced managed returns service that allows tax departments to view, modify, and approve returns for submission to tax jurisdictions.
• Trustfile™ - Acquired by Avalara in August 2007, Trustfile offers a simple, inexpensive solution that automates sales tax e-filing and e-payment within one application. To date in 2008, Avalara’s Trustfile division broke the $[number] billion barrier for sales tax filings through its electronic filing service, filing an average of [number] returns per month.
• AvaRates™ - AvaRates offers the most competitive, easy-to-use, affordable and flexible line-up of sales tax rate tables and tools on the market.
• Independent Systems and Programming (ISPI) - Acquired by Avalara in 2008, ISPI provides software and databases designed to help businesses manage sales and use tax compliance (www.taxrates.com).
Avalara has relationships with more than 1,000 partners/partner organizations and 65 Avalara Alliance partners.
Avalara is transforming the sales and use tax compliance process for businesses of all sizes by delivering advanced technology solutions that provide the fastest, easiest, most accurate, and affordable way for companies to address their statutory tax requirements. Chosen by nearly 10,000 businesses throughout the U.S., Canada, and abroad, and a trusted provider of over 100 million sales tax calculations annually, Avalara is the recognized leader in web-based sales tax services and solutions. Avalara files more than 240,000 sales tax returns and remits over $10 billion in sales tax filings per year.
Based on Bainbridge Island near Seattle, WA, Avalara’s products, services, and expertise mirror the outsourced payroll model employed by millions of businesses, eliminating non-revenue generating functions, saving time and valuable accounting resources, and reducing the risks associated with miscalculation, audits, and penalties. Avalara services connect seamlessly with most major accounting and ERP applications, as well as 85 available integrations that are recommended by more than 2,000 software resellers and CPAs. For more information, please visit www.avalara.com.
For more information, contact Althea Azeff, director of marketing and communications at Avalara: email@example.com or 206.780.7008