DMA Board Elects Kelly Browning 2009 Chairman Of The Board;Sixteen New Directors Joined Board
Las Vegas, NV, October 12, 2008 - The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) Board of Directors today announced the election of new officers and Board members for 2008-2009. The terms of office commenced at DMA’s Annual Business Meeting, which was held today at the Bellagio Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas.
2009 DMA Officers
American Institute for Cancer Research Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Kelly B. Browning was elected DMA Chairman of the Board for 2009. Browning, who served as Board vice chairman in 2008, succeeds American List Counsel, Inc. Chairman/Chief Executive Officer Don Rappaport who will continue to serve on the Board.
In addition, DMA Board members elected the following officers:
- Vice Chairman - Eugene R. Raitt, Executive Vice President and Chief Direct Marketing Officer, AIG
- Treasurer - David Williams, President and Chief Executive Officer, Merkle Inc.
- Secretary - Christine Aguilera, President, SkyMall, Inc.
Members of the DMA Board of Directors
Prior to the election of new officers, 16 new members were approved to join the Board at DMA’s Annual Business Meeting. The new Board members are:
- Glenn S. Eisen, Executive Vice President, Direct Marketing, Guthy-Renker LLC
- Rick Erwin, President, Marketing Information Services, Experian
- Nancy Evensen, President and Chief Executive Officer, NetNowVideo, Inc.
- Brian Fetherstonhaugh, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, OgilvyOne Worldwide
- Steve Fuller, Senior Vice President, Corporate Marketing, L.L. Bean Inc.
- Karen R. Haefling, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, KeyBank
- Reuben S. Hendell, Chief Executive Officer, MRM Worldwide
- Michael Iaccarino, President and Chief Executive Officer, Epsilon
- Gary S. Laben, Chief Executive Officer, KnowledgeBase Marketing Inc. (Chairman, DMEF)
- James Lyons, President, North America, Rapp
- Matt O’Grady, President, Nielsen Claritas
- Godfred P. Otuteye, President and Chief Executive Officer, Money Mailer LLC
- Gary Skidmore, President, Corporate Officer, Harte-Hanks, Inc.
- Pat Snyder, Senior Vice President of Merchandising, Marketing, & Retail Operations, Cabela’s
- Arthur H. Wilson, National Adjutant/Chief Executive Officer, Disabled American Veterans
- Dawn Zier, President, Global Consumer Marketing, Reader’s Digest Association
The incoming officers and 16 new DMA Board members join the following current Board members:
- Leslie Abi-Karam, Executive Vice President & President, Mailing Solutions Management, Pitney Bowes
- Bill Bass, Chief Executive Officer, Fair Indigo
- Ronald L. Bliwas, President/Chief Executive Officer, A. Eicoff & Company
- G. Steven Dapper, Chairman/Founder, hawkeye
- Andrew Goldberg, President/Chief Executive Officer, Publishers Clearing House
- Susan D. Goodman, Chief Executive Officer, Goodman&Company;
- John A. Greco, Jr., President & Chief Executive Officer, Direct Marketing Association, Inc.
- John V. Healy, Chief Executive Officer, Dydacomp Development Corporation
- George Ittner, President, The Territory Ahead
- Rebecca L. Jewett, Managing Partner, Windward Group
- Stephen M. Lacy, President and Chief Executive Officer, Meredith Corporation
- Yuchun Lee, Chief Executive Officer, Unica Corporation
- E. Donald McKenzie, President & Chief Executive Officer, Direct Group
- Mary L. Miller, Senior Vice President/Chief Marketing Officer, Petsmart
- Gerry Pike, Managing Director, DMSA, Inc.
- Wesley D. Protheroe, President & Chief Executive Officer, Gerber Life Insurance Company
- Joel Quadracci, President & Chief Executive Officer, Quad/Graphics, Inc.
- Robert A. Quigley, Marketing Strategy Executive, Charter Communications
- Don Rappaport, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, American List Counsel, Inc.
- Arun Sinha, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Zurich Financial Services
- Markus Wilhelm, Partner, AKS Marketing and Media LLC
- Brian Wolfe, Senior Vice President, Consumer Marketing, Time Inc.
About Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
The Direct Marketing Association (www.the-dma.org) is the leading global trade association of businesses and nonprofit organizations using and supporting multichannel direct marketing tools and techniques. DMA advocates standards for responsible marketing, promotes relevance as the key to reaching consumers with desirable offers, and provides cutting-edge research, education, and networking opportunities to improve results throughout the end-to-end direct marketing process. Founded in 1917, DMA today represents more than 3,400 companies from dozens of vertical industries in the US and 48 other nations, including half of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as nonprofit organizations.
In 2008, marketers - commercial and nonprofit - will spend $176.9 billion on direct marketing, which accounts for 52.1 percent of all ad expenditures in the United States. Measured against total US sales, these advertising expenditures will generate approximately $2.057 trillion in incremental sales. In 2008, direct marketing accounted for approximately 10 percent of total US gross domestic product. Also in 2008, there were 1.6 million direct marketing employees in the US. Their collective sales efforts directly support 9.3 million other jobs, accounting for a total of 10.9 million US jobs.
The Power of Direct: Relevance. Responsibility. Results.
Sue R.E. Geramian