ATLANTA, GA – May 5, 2003. The Stibo Group, a leading product information management and cross-media publishing solutions provider, has announced its name change to Stibo Catalog, Inc.
According to a company spokesperson, the name change better reflects the company’s narrowed focus on cross-media publishing and content management software and solutions. “The word ‘catalog’ is the best single word to summarize this focus,” said Andreas Lorenzen, President of Stibo Catalog North America. “Globally, the word ‘catalog’ means the management and enterprise wide distribution of product information and content. In the United States, the word ‘catalog’ tends to be associated with the printed catalogs we all receive in the mail. These are really only one slice of the pie. Stibo Catalog provides a platform for the input and management of data as well as output to CD-ROM, e-commerce sites, web catalogs, portals or exchanges, as well as printed catalogs.”
Stibo Catalog is a division of Stibo, established in 1794 with offices in the United States since 1985, and additional offices in the United Kingdom, Germany, Denmark and Asia.
The company also recently announced the general release of STEP 4.6, the latest evolution of its popular product information management, content management, and production software. STEP 4.6 delivers a collaborative software platform to receive rich and complex electronic data from suppliers in a variety of file formats and store it in a media-neutral relational data repository. The data can be organized, accessed simultaneously by multiple workgroups, then incorporated into multiple output formats such print catalogs, CD-ROM, web catalogs, portals, exchanges, or other printed media.
The redesigned STEP 4.6 brings several new and expanded features including:
• Enhanced product and publication versioning tools allowing users to easily manage larger volumes of multilingual and market specific catalogs and supplements
• Fully integrated graphical workflow that can adapt to any work management environment
• Newly integrated media asset management system allowing for seamless asset cross-referencing to individual products and product families
• New and improved workspace management utilities to manage complete product information life-cycles
• Introduction of a newly designed database "staging" partition that will segregate raw product data from an approved pool of products
• Improved database import / export utilities that walk users through simple wizard based tools that will manage inbound / outbound data files from popular formats such as Excel ., CSV, XML and even ODBC data sources.
• Enhanced language conversion tracking tools that greatly reduce translation cycles
• Tighter integration between publication data and source product information
• Enhanced integration with leading publishing platforms such as QuarkXpress . and InDesign .
• Enhanced reporting tools that help users analyze productivity and publication management
“E-business has been waiting for a truly integrated solution which will make end-to-end data management quicker and more cost effective. STEP 4.6 is the first product information and content management tool to deliver so much control over the input, management and output of product data,” said Ian Cashmore, Global Commercial Director of Stibo Catalog. Stibo Catalog also announced additional appointments to its North America management team.
The company named Tim Phillips Vice President - Sales, North America. Mr. Phillips will be responsible for further development of the company’s U.S based sales force. Mr. Phillips brings over 25 years of graphic arts and enterprise software experience to Stibo Catalog.
The company also added Charlie Lawhorn Vice President, Business Development. Mr. Lawhorn’s extensive background in enterprise software solutions and publishing will assist Stibo Catalog in introducing STEP 4.6 and subsequent releases to the U.S. marketplace.
About Stibo Catalog
Stibo Catalog, Inc. enables publishers, manufacturers, distributors and retailers to dramatically increase efficiencies in producing and distributing product information in both printed and electronic formats such as printed catalogs, CD-ROM, web catalogs, portals and exchanges. With the company’s STEP 4.6 platform, enterprises can receive product data from suppliers in nearly any format, provide access to the data among multiple production workgroups simultaneously, then distribute data both internally and externally in multiple languages in printed and electronic formats.
According to Giga Information Group, Stibo Catalog is the largest vendor of cross-media product information management solutions. Stibo Catalog customers include Siemens, RS Components, Rockwell Automation, Premier Farnell, Millipore, MSC Industrial Supply, Hagemeyer and Newport.
Stibo Catalog North American headquarters is located in Atlanta, Georgia, with global offices in United Kingdom, Germany, Denmark and Asia. For more information, visit www.stibocatalog.com. Stibo Catalog is a trademark of Stibo Catalog, Inc. Other product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
The Activation Group