(Page 2 of 2)
Asking the Experts the Right Questions
Whatever mix of collaborators you use for a web site build or re-platform, be sure you understand the timeframe, deliverables and criteria for acceptance. You want to attend project meetings armed with pointed questions:
- How many concurrent requests should the system be able to handle at maximum load?
- What aspects of the site are consuming the most resources and therefore requiring the most scrutiny?
- Which areas could be improved based on usability and load?
- Is there code on the site that could be optimized or deleted?
- Is there content that’s a good candidate for becoming static?
These kinds of questions will reveal potential weak points in the site design or infrastructure. No web site does everything equally well, but knowing your game plan as well as your strengths and weaknesses before playing in the Super Bowl is essential. In digital marketing, as in sports, the best-prepared team has the best chance of winning.
Rackspace is the leading provider of web hosting services to online retailers in the 2014 Top 500.