More than half of the maternity apparel retailer’s online traffic comes from mobile shoppers.
Its Q2 e-commerce revenue grew 14.9%, while total revenue rose 9.6%.
Online sales at Vitamin Shoppe Inc., a multichannel retailer of nutritional products, increased 14.9% year over year in the second quarter, CEO Tony Truesdale says.
“I am pleased that new customer growth contributed to another quarter of double-digit e-commerce growth,” he says.
Vitamin Shoppe doesn’t break out dollar figures of online sales, which make up most of its direct channel sales that also include orders placed through its print catalog. Total direct sales rose 13.3% in Q2 to $32.4 million from $28.6 a year earlier.
The retailer, No. 207 in the Internet Retailer 2014 Top 500, also owns and operates 670 retail stores and, with its second quarter acquisition of Nutri-Force Nutrition, is a contract manufacturer of vitamins, minerals and supplements. It also reported for the second quarter ended June 28:
● Total net sales increased 9.6% to $306.2 million from $279.5 million in the year-ago quarter.● Retail store sales increased 7.5% to $269.6 million from $250.9 million, as comparable-store sales rose 4.0%.
● Total comparable sales, include e-commerce, increased 5.1%.
● Manufacturing revenue of $4.2 million.
● Cost of goods sold rose 11.6% to $203.3 million from $182.2 million.
● Net income fell 7.7%, to $16.9 million from $18.3 million..
For the six months ended June 28, it reported:
● Direct sales, including e-commerce and catalog orders, increased 14.5% to $67.8 million from $59.2 million.
● Total net sales increased 9.9% to $614.1 million from $558.6 million in the same period a year earlier.
● Retail store sales increased 8.6% to $542.1 million from $499.3 million.
● Net income decreased 4.1% to $37.44 million from $39.06 million.