Justin Bieber, Madonna and Kim Kardashian-West tweeted about the launch of EDbyEllen.com.
The web-only photo album retailer also grows average ticket by 7%.
Shutterfly Inc., an online snapshot processor and photo album retailer, reports strong 2013 sales.
For the year ended Dec. 31, web-only retailer Shutterfly, No. 49 in the 2013 Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Total revenue increased by 22.3% to $783.6 million from $640.6 million in 2012.
- The number of transacting customers grew 14.1% to 8.1 million from 7.1 million.
- The number of orders grew 14.1% to about 18.6 million from 16.3 million.
- Average order value increased 6.9% to $40.19 from $37.58.
- Net income of $9.3 million, down by 59.6% from net income of $23.0 million last year.
“We executed well against our 2013 strategic plan while simultaneously focusing on the long-term through smart investments in consumer facing programs and back-end infrastructure projects that will provide future scale and scope efficiencies,” says Jeffrey Housenbold, president and CEO. He did not provide details on the investments.
For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013, the merchant reported:
- Total sales of $410.8 million, a 17% 16.8% increase from $351.8 million in Q4 of 2012.
- The number of transacting customers grew 10.2% to 4.65 million from 4.22 million.
- Total orders grew 11.6% to 7.7 million from 6.9 million.
- Average order value increased 4% to a record order value of $51.80 from $49.80.
- Net income of $43.6 million, down by 17.7% from net income of $53.0 million in the prior year quarter.