E-commerce grew 20% for Costco in fiscal 2015—20 times faster than store sales.
(Page 2 of 2)
- 47% of U.K. consumers are more likely to shop with a retailer if they can buy online and collect the item in a store, while 58% want the ability to buy online and return items in a store.
- Almost half (45%) of U.K. shoppers who use a smartphone and 64% who use a tablet also make online purchases on their devices. 49% say they are less likely to comparison shop when using a retailer’s mobile app as opposed to a mobile site.
- More than half of UK consumers polled have “liked” a brand on Facebook, while 88% of those consumers pay attention to social media updates from retailers.
- 45% of U.K. consumers surveyed want more flexibility to choose a delivery date and 35% want more options for collecting packages at retail locations.
- 96% say tracking a purchase is essential or nice to have. Also, 69% want to track their packages through e-mail alerts and 63% want the ability to track shipments directly on a retailer’s site.
- 38% of online shoppers in the U.K. say ease of returns/exchanges is an area that needs improvement. 58% say they review a returns policy before making a purchase, and 60% say they would shop more with a retailer if they offered a hassle-free returns policy.