A second wave of attacks began midday Friday after much of the eastern United States was affected in the morning. Sites affected included Etsy, ...
The upscale department store chain boosted web sales 17% in fiscal 2013 to $1.03 billion.
E-commerce sales and total sales were up in fiscal 2013 for high-end department store Neiman Marcus Group Ltd. Inc. , which for the first time exceeded $1 billion in online sales.
There are 34 retailers in the 2013 Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide with more than $1 billion in 2012 web sales. Neiman Marcus, No. 39 in the Top 500, reported fiscal 2012 online sales of $878.8 billion.
For the fiscal year ended Aug. 3, 2013, Neiman Marcus reported:
- Online sales of $1.03 billion, up 17.2% from $878.8 million in fiscal 2012.
- Total sales were $4.65 billion, an increase of 7.0% from $4.35 billion last year.
- Comparable-store sales increased 4.9%.
- Net earnings increased 16.9% to $163.7 million from $140.1 million.
Online sales represented 22.2% of total revenue in fiscal 2013, compared with 20.2% last year.
For the fourth quarter, Neiman Marcus also reported:
- Online sales of $256.8 million, a 22.5% increase compared with $209.7 million in the fourth quarter of last year.
- Total sales were $1.12 billion, up 10.9% from $1.01 billion.
- Comparable-store sales increased 5.4%.
- Net earnings were $2.9 million, compared with a loss of $11.1 million in 4Q of last year.
Online sales represented 22.9% of total revenue during the fourth quarter, compared with 20.8% last year.
Strong fourth quarter and full-year sales results come as Neiman Marcus is preparing for an acquisition. On Sept. 9, private-equity firms TPG Global LLC and Warburg Pincus LLC, which co-own Neiman Marcus, announced their plans to sell the luxury retailer to Ares Management LLC and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board for $6 billion.