95% of the orders at Hallmark Business Connections are processed online, CEO Tressa Angell says.
Sales from mobile devices accounted for nearly 30% of web revenue.
U.S. online sales jumped 10.4% for TV shopping channel and online retailer QVC in the second quarter of 2013, with sales from mobile devices representing 28.2% of U.S. web revenue.
For the second quarter ended June 30, Liberty Interactive Corp., No. 5 in the Internet Retailer 2013 Top 500 Guide and the parent company of QVC, reported:
- The web accounted for 41.9% of all U.S. revenue for QVC compared with 38.9% in the second quarter of 2012. U.S. e-commerce sales totaled approximately $550 million, a 10.4% increase from $498 million in the second quarter of 2012.
- Mobile commercesales accounted for 28.2% of QVC.com orders, or $155.1 million.
- Total U.S. QVC sales increased 2.3% to $1.31 billion from $1.28 billion in the second quarter of 2012.
- Total QVC revenue fell slightly year over year to $1.96 billion from $1.97 billion.
- International sales for QVC decreased 6.5% year over year to $649 million from $694 million.
- Total sales for Liberty Interactive’s e-commerce businesses other than QVC grew 12.3% to $439 million from $391 million in Q2 2012. Those include Backcountry.com, Bodybuilding.com and others.
- Operating income dipped 5.3% to $285 million from $301 million in the second quarter of 2012.
For the first half of the year, QVC reported:
- E-commerce sales totaled $1.04 billion, a 6.2% increase from $979 million in 2012.
- Mobile commerce sales accounted for 29.0% of QVC.com orders, or about $302 million.
- Total U.S. QVC sales increased 3.6% to $2.61 billion from $2.52 billion.
- Total QVC revenue grew slightly to $3.93 billion from $3.90 billion.
- International sales for QVC decreased year over year 4.3% to $1.33 billion from $1.39 billion.
- Total sales for Liberty Interactive’s e-commerce businesses other than QVC grew 27.2% to $983 million from $773 million in 2012.
- Operating income fell 2.7% to $545 million from $560 million in the first quarter of 2012.
"QVC has grown to become one of the world's largest mobile commerce retailers, which is the result of how we're working to change the way the world shops by reimagining shopping, entertainment and social as one," says Mike George, QVC president and CEO.