Alibaba’s Tmall Global now features goods from 14,500 overseas brands, 80% of them selling in China for the first time.
The vendor adds Instagram and Tumblr insights for online marketers.
Pinterest marketing platform provider Piqora Inc. today began offering analytics tools for the visually focused social networks Instagram and Tumblr.
The expansion means marketers can use a single dashboard to track their campaigns across Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr.
Piqora uses image recognition-based algorithms to enable marketers to see a number of data points that include:
- The topics consumers are talking about
- The hashtags shoppers include in their posts on the three social networks. Any word that starts with a pound sign (#) is a hashtag, which becomes a clickable link to all other mentions of that word
- How often shoppers mention specific brands
- When influential users—consumers whose posts receive a large number of views and engagement—mention brands
- How many shoppers see a particular post
“Online consumers are looking beyond relationship-oriented networks such as Facebook and looking to find inspiration, discover content and make connections around their interests on new visual networks,” says Sharad Verma, Piqora CEO. “The public and visual nature of these networks is opening up substantial big-data opportunities for companies like Piqora—who mine this interest graph and turn it into intent for marketers. Brands are being talked about whether or not they have already joined these visual networks officially.”
Piqora says Crate & Barrel, No. 68 in Internet Retailer’s 2013 Top 500 Guide, and movie theater chain AMC Theatres are among the companies that have been testing the integrated dashboard.
Piqora’s announcement comes less than a week after Adobe Systems Inc. announced that its social marketing and analytics tool, Adobe Social, began enabling marketers to run campaigns through the Instagram, Foursquare, Flickr and LinkedIn social networks. Adobe Social also enables marketers to manage social media marketing campaigns through Facebook, Google+, Reddit, Tumblr, Twitter and YouTube.